10/100/1000 Ethernet MAC DO-254 IP Core
The 10/100/1000 Ethernet MAC Controller DO-254 IP Core implements the Media Access Control as specified in the IEEE 802.3-2008 specification.
It can be configured to interface with the PHY through MII, RMII, GMII or SGMII, giving a wide choice to the user for the selection of the chip to connect to the physical layer. It can be configured to operate at 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps or 1000 Mbps, allowing the user to select the speed in base of their needs such as power, size, latency, etc.
The Ethernet MAC Controller has been developed to DAL A according to the DO-254 / ED-80 and is accompanied by a Certification Kit.
A radiation-hardened version with Triple Modular Redundancy (TMR) is also available.
10/100/1000 Ethernet MAC IP Core Key Features:
- Configurable bit rate (1000 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s or 10 Mb/s)
- DAL A according to DO-254 / ED-80
- Compliant to the following clauses of the IEEE 802.3-2008 specification:
- §3. Media Access Control (MAC) frame and packet specifications
- §4. Media Access Control (full-duplex only)
- §22. Reconciliation Sublayer (RS) and Media Independent Interface (MII)
- §35. Reconciliation Sublayer (RS) and Gigabit Media Independent Interface (GMII)
- §36. Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) and Physical Medium Attachment (PMA) Sublayer, type 1000BASE-X (for SGMII option)
- §37. Auto-Negotiation function, type 1000BASE-X (for SGMII option)
- Compliant to the RMII specification (March 20, 1998)
- Compliant to the SGMII specification Revision 1.8 (optional)
- Fully synchronous design
- Simple interface to user’s logic
- TMR coding for radiation-hardening (optional)
- Technology independent (can be synthesized to any FPGA/ASIC vendor)