MIL-STD-1553B Remote Terminal DO-254 IP Core
The 1553B RT Core implements a Remote Terminal as specified in the MIL-STD-1553B specification, including Notes 1 through 7.
MIL-STD-1553B is the military specification defining a Digital Time Division Command/Response Multiplexed Data Bus operating at 1 Mbps. The 1553 databus is a dual-redundant, bidirectional, Manchester II encoded databus with a high bit error reliability. All bus communications are controlled and initiated by the bus controller. Remote terminal devices attached to the bus respond to controller commands.
The 1553B RT Core has been developed to DAL A according to the DO-254 / ED-80 and is accompanied by a Certification Kit. For lower DAL levels reduced documentation sets are available. The core is also available as a netlist for DAL D or projects not needing the full RTL source.
MIL-STD-1553B Remote Terminal Key Features:
- Design Assurance Level A according to RTCA DO-254/ED-80 (April, 2000)
- Fully Compliant to the MIL-STD-1553B, 21 September 1978 (with Notices 1 through 7)
- Configurable number of Buses
- Tested as specified in the MIL-HDBK-1553A, 1 November 1988 (AS4111 Rev. D)
- User configurable illegal commands
- Interfaces to standard 1553B bus transceivers
- Single Clock Domain, fully synchronous design
- Simple interface to user’s logic
- TMR coded for SEU immunity (optional)
- Technology independent (can be synthesized to any FPGA/CPLD vendor)