CAN FD Controller DO-254 IP Core
The CAN FD Controller implements a Controller Area Network as specified in the ISO 11898:2015 Part 1, supporting both Classical and Flexible Data Rate CAN frame formats. The CAN FD Controller supports bit rates up to 1 Mbit/s for Classical CAN frame format and up to 10Mbit/s for Flexible Data Rate format.
The Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial communications protocol which efficiently supports distributed real-time control with a very high level of security. The new Flexible Data Rate frame format introduced in ISO 11898:2015 Part 1 allows higher data rates and larger payloads per frame.
Its domain of application range from high speed networks to low cost multiplex wiring. In airborne and automotive industries, electronic control units, sensors, and actuators are connected using CAN.
The CAN FD Controller has been developed to DAL A according to the DO-254 / ED-80 and is accompanied by a Certification Kit. For lower DAL levels reduced documentation sets are available. The core is also available as encrypted source code for DAL D projects or projects not requiring DO-254 compliance.
CAN FD Controller Key Features:
- Design Assurance Level A according to RTCA DO-254/ED-80 (April, 2000)
- Fully compliant to ISO 11898-1:2015
- Supports both Classical and Flexible Data Rate frame formats
- Tested as specified in the ISO 16845-1:2016
- Single clock domain fully synchronous design
- Configurable data rate up to 1 Mbit/s for Classical frames and up to 10 Mbit/s for Flexible Data Rate frames
- Interfaces to standard transceivers without additional logic
- Simple interface to user’s logic
- TMR coded for SEU immunity (optional)
- Technology independent (can be synthesized to any FPGA/CPLD vendor)